An internship with an environmental organization (commercial, not-for-profit, governmental, etc.) where the primary objective is to obtain professional experience outside of the classroom can provide the student with additional skills and learning experiences. The student must have a faculty sponsor, and must file a Learning Agreement with the Career Center, the faculty sponsor, and the site supervisor. Detail supervision of the intern is the responsibility of the site supervisor. Learn more at the Career Center’s web site.
- Students may receive academic credit for unpaid internships. Environmental studies majors should register for L82 EnSt 299, under the appropriate section of their faculty sponsor.
- EPA Internships - http://www.epa.gov/internships/
- Internship Match - https://www.internmatch.com/s/environment-internships
- Make an appointment for Career Advising support with Patty Katzfey, Assistant Director, Career Development by calling 314-935-5930 or stop by the Career Center located in Danforth University Center, Suite 110. Patty can advise students who are just starting to explore career options and can also help those we have more specific career goals in mind.
- Register for CareerLink, the Career Center’s job and internship database:
- Utilize the Career Center’s Career Development handouts: